Kindly Note: This page is OLD, kept only for records
- This position is now closed.
Sri Ganesh Temple, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The Sri Ganesh Temple Society of BC operates the Sri Ganesh Temple located in Vancouver, BC, Canada, which observes the rites and traditions of Saivite Hinduism.
The Sri Ganesh Temple Society of BC is now inviting resumes from qualified individuals for the position of Temple Priest as it is anticipated that the permanent temple for Sri Ganesha and other deities is expected to be ready within the next 3 months.
Requirements for the Priest are as follows:
1. Shall be from the Smarta Smapradaya.
2. Shall be trained and skilled in the rites and practices set out in the Kamika and Karana Agamas as observed in the Saivite Hindu tradition, including Homam and Kumba Abhishekam and Temple Poojas and rituals.
3. Skillful in alankaram and decoration of deities in various forms during temple functions and major festivals.
4. Shall be well-versed and adept in performing Vaidika Karyakramas including the jatakarma, namakarana, annaprasana and vidyarambha samskaras; the punniyaka vachanam and the varushabthikam and srartham ceremonies.
5. Shall be able to communicate with the congregation in Tamil and English. Spoken knowledge of Hindi and other languages is an advantage.
6. Expert in chanting Vedas and Upanishads, including Sri Rudram, Chamakam, Purusha Suktam and Sri Suktam.
7. A minimum of five years previous experience as a Priest.
8. Certification and training in Vedic and Agama from a Hindu religious organization is highly preferred.
The Sri Ganesh Temple Society of BC offers a competitive salary, accommodation and compensation. This position is for a two-year renewable term on a work permit.
CLOSING DATE: closed.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.